♡ MAC Lipstick Collection & Swatches ♡

Tuesday, January 24, 2017


Mac would have to be my favourite brand of lipsticks, with its' incredibly large range of all different shades and finishes, there is always something to suit the occasion. I've seemed to have collected quite a few and am still always on the lookout for new ones.

Here is an overview of my collection. As you can see, I tend to mostly go for the nudey-pink toned shades, with a few brighter options as well.

Pure ZenShade: frosted warm nude
Cremesheen: creamy balmy formula with a comforting feel, medium build able coverage, semi glossy finish
I'm not the biggest fan of the cremesheen formula because they seem to really accentuate any dryness on the lips, as well as emphasising all the lines and cracks. Although many people do prefer them for their sheer wash of colour and moisturising balm-like feel. When I do wear them, I'll always apply a similar coloured lipliner all over the lips first, so it has a fully opaque base to lay on top of because I like more consistent colour pay off as well as longevity that they wouldn't have as efficiently without the lipliner. This warm peachy colour is beautiful and brightens up the face without being too intense.


Creme Cup | Shade: light blue pink
Cremesheen: creamy balmy formula with a comforting feel, medium build able coverage, semi glossy finish
This shade, although being the same cremesheen formula, has more vibrancy than Pure Zen. This is the perfect girly, everyday cool toned pink that works well over any nude or light pink lipliner. I love this colour, as I don't really like bright pink lipstick that much. This is a nice substitute for me when I want something pink, that it still quite toned done, and could be considered a nude.


Blankety | Shade: soft pink beige
Amplified: creamy formula with smooth glide, bold colour pay of with full coverage and a semi-lustrous finish
I love the feeling of amplified formulas on the lips, they are really moisturising and are fully opaque with just one swipe and leave a nice sheen. Blankety is the perfect cool toned nude for paler skin. It has the perfect mixture of beige, pink and grey to it, that looks great for a more subtle lip option for everyday or to pair with dramatic eye looks that deserve all the focus.


Kinda Sexy | Shade: neutral pinky-rose 
Matte: creamy rich formula with high colour pay-off in a no-shine matte finish
Kinda Sexy is one of my top favourite Mac lipsticks. Although the description on the website is labeled as a neutral pinky-rose, I think it is definitely more of a warm, orange tone. If I am wearing all warm eyeshadows, especially bronze, rose gold or chocolatey browns, this is my go to lipstick. I prefer to keep the eyes and lips either both cool or warm toned to compliment each other nicely. You can easily assume matte lipsticks to be drying and to drag on the lips, but this would be the creamiest matte lipstick I own. It doesn't feel like a typical matte, it applies smoothly, but still has long wearing ability and less tendency to smudge.

Faux | Shade: muted mauve-pink
Satin: creamy texture breaks into a soft cushiony feel, medium to full build able coverage, satin finish
Faux is my absolute favourite lipstick of all brands. It's my favourite shade and favourite formula. I can't fault it in any way. This is my most worn shade, as it goes with almost any look, if I don't know which lipstick to wear, I will almost always choose this one. It's a similar shade to my natural lip colour, so I never get that distinct lipstick line on my lips and it just enhances the colour and to me, is my perfect nude. I love mauve tones and this one has the perfect amount of warm and coolness to it. The satin finish is so comfortable, it has the perfect amount of hydration that still allows for long wearing and no sliding around. I don't think I'll ever be without this lipstick, forever repurchasing!

Please Me | Shade: muted rosy-tinted pink
Matte: creamy texture breaks into a soft cushiony feel, medium to full build able coverage, satin finish
This is such a beautiful, vibrant, yet not neon neutral pink shade. This was my first Mac lipstick purchase and I got so much wear out of it, it looks lovely wish a neutral or pink toned eyeshadow look and the formula is just as creamy as the previous matte. It stays on really well and applies a generous amount of pigment in a single swipe. If you're a pink lipstick lover, this one is a must.

Vegas Volt | Shade: full power coral
Amplified: creamy formula with smooth glide, bold colour pay of with full coverage and a semi-lustrous finish
It's always fun to switch it up sometimes and go for something bright and out there. I wanted to try something different and unique. I love orange tones in eyeshadows and lipsticks, but wasn't too sure about a bright, straight up orange, so I decided on Vegas Volt. This is a beautiful vibrant coral, which is a perfect mixture of orange and hot pink. I love this bold lip colour with it's creamy texture and full pigment, that feels really moisturising and soft on the lips.


Viva Glam Miley Cyrus | Shade: hot pink
Amplified: creamy formula with smooth glide, bold colour pay of with full coverage and a semi-lustrous finish
This gorgeous glossy fuchsia pink was sadly limited edition in the collaboration with Miley Cyrus. I don't seem to love bright pinks so much anymore, but I still think it's such a fun, vibrant colour that will brighten up your whole face. Although, it is now discontinued, there are many other hot pink shades out there, in the Mac lipstick range as well. 

Russian Red | Shade: intense blush-red
Matte: creamy texture breaks into a soft cushiony feel, medium to full build able coverage, satin finish
I love red lips and this one is one of my favourites. I love it because it is slightly darker than a true red and has a strong blue undertone. It's such a beautiful, sophisticated shade and stays on the lips really well. I was after a matte as reds can be a little intimidating because they can easily smudge and with such a bright colour, this can be really obvious. This shade is a little more drying than the other mattes mentioned, but I feel more secure that it is going to stay put and not fade so easily.


Rebel | Shade: midtonal cream plum
Satin: creamy texture breaks into a soft cushiony feel, medium to full build able coverage, satin finish
I think this is such a daring, standout colour and I really love it. It's such a gorgeous berry tone. Sometimes I will wear a red lipliner underneath to make it less purple, but either way, it is really unique and will never go unnoticed. With it's comfortable satin finish, it will stay on for a long time, however being such a dark colour, this is the kind of shade that will stain your lips. For me, I don't mind, because I'd rather it not fade awkwardly during the day and have my natural lip colour show through. It just means longer lasting colour. 

Do we share any of the same lipsticks? Share your favourites down below :)

♡ P.S, I'd love if you followed on Bloglovin' 

Thanks for reading!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Recent Posts