♡ Fragrance Collection ♡

Tuesday, January 03, 2017


Slowly overtime I have built up this collection, most of the perfumes have been gifts, however I have also bought a few of them myself. I like being able to choose a different scent for different occasions or depending on how I feel that day. There are some that I consider for more every day wear and others for special events or days. To me, the bottle is almost as important as the scent itself because I like to display them. I keep them stored in this beautiful mirrored tray, that I purchased from a store called Gifts For You. Behind the perfumes, I stand all the Victoria's Secret Body Mists on top of empty candle boxes, so they can all be seen. (Candles shown: Bath & Body Works: Buttercream Icing & Pumpkin Pecan Waffles)

Starting with the first perfume I ever owned, Princess by Vera Wang (EDT). I think this is definitely a great first perfume for a young teenager, as it is not overpowering at all, but also perfectly suited for women of all ages. It is a classy, feminine light scent that has good lasting power. Fragrances are very personal and it can be hard knowing what someone would like, but I haven't known anyone not to like this one. I've always adored this gorgeous bottle, which is perfectly fitting to the scent.

Notes: Water Lily, Lady Apple, Mandarin, Meringue, Apricot Skin, Ripe Pink Guava, Tahitian Flower, Wild Tuberose, Dark Chocolate, Pink Frosting Accord, Precious Amber, Musk, Chiffon Vanilla. (basenotes.net

I'd say the perfumes within the Marc Jacobs' Daisy line would have to be some of the most popular fragrance purchases, and for good reason as they are all so lovely and floral. This one, Daisy Eau So Fresh (EDT), is a lighter, fresher version of the original Daisy. It would have to be one of my most worn perfumes. I love the soft floral scent that is perfect for everyday. For long days or special occasions however, I would choose something else, being as soft as this is, the staying power isn't really there, after a few hours, it leaves just a faint scent, not very detectable. This is usually the case with Eau De Toilette's, they are lighter and not as strong, which some people prefer. I still love it and wear it all the time. The bottle cap is also super cute, as are all the bottles of Marc Jacobs fragrances, they're very iconic and standout. (Bunny from Royal Albert)

Notes: (top) Ruby Red Grapefruit, Raspberry, Green Leaves, Pear
            (heart) Violet, Wild Rose, Apple Blossom, Lychee, Jasmine Petals
            (base) Musks, Plum, Cedarwood (basenotes.net
Another adorable bottle by Marc Jacobs, this is Daisy Dream (EDT). There is a definite distinction between this one and the previous. Daisy Dream is a deeper floral, while still being quite light and not at all overpowering, however it is described as 'the more sophisticated, ethereal version'. I'd usually choose this over Daisy Eau So Fresh when I want the classic floral scent, but need it to last longer as this one is definitely a little stronger. If you enjoy fresh, floral scents, I think you would like this.

Notes: Blackberry, Grapefruit, Pear, Jasmine, Lychee, Blue Wisteria, White Woods, Musks, Coconut Water (Sephora.com)

Burberry London (EDT) is the type of perfume that follows you around all day, so you only need a few sprays, which is quite impressive to me. It is a warm floral, with a strong scent of jasmine, vanilla and musk. This perfume is really unique, I can always tell when someone is wearing it, as there isn't really anything else quite like it. I love this one and have worn it a lot. This isn't really the summer type of perfume, I think it is great for the evening time, as it is slightly more mature and sexy, while still smelling sweet. Although, I put off purchasing it for a while because the bottle isn't the prettiest, I'm glad I did, as it is definitely worth it for the gorgeous scent and longevity, also it's a classic representation of the Burberry brand. There is also a men's version.

Notes: Clementine, Honeysuckle, English Garden Rose, Tiare Flower, Jasmine, Peony, Musks, Indian, Sandalwood, Patchouli (basenotes.net

Firstly, how cute is the bottle of Couture Couture by Juicy Couture? (EDP) In a way, I feel like the packaging resembles the scent of it's warm vanilla floral. I think this perfume is best suited for younger women, as it is very sweet. It lasts really well on the skin and throughout the day, I still find myself smelling it. I love this as an everyday Spring and Summer fragrance. (Bath & Body Works Buttercream Icing candle)

Notes: Pink Grape, Orange Flower, Mandarin, Plum, Honeysuckle, Sandalwood (basenotes.net

Si by Giorgio Armani (EDP) has a strong place in my heart because I wore it on a special day and every time I smell it, I'm reminded of it. I love how a particular scent can take you back to something.  Besides the sentimental reasons, I adore this perfume so much because it is so unlike any other that I own. This is the scent you will be complimented on and asked what it is, as it is such a statement fragrance. It's a very soft, feminine, warm and slightly powdery scent, with strong vanilla. I think it is more for women in their twenties or older, as it is quite sophisticated and sexy. I wear this both day and night all year round, mainly because I'm obsessed with it, but I think it goes at any time or occasion. This would also have to have the best staying power of my collection, and a clear favourite of mine. I also love the simple, but elegant bottle. (Pineapple from Kmart, Snoopy mug from Typo - not sold anymore :( sorry!) 

Notes: (top) Sicilian Bergamot, Mandarin, Blackcurrant liqueur
            (heart) Rose de Mai, Neroli, Egyptian Jasmine, Freesie
            (base) Patchouli, Woods, Amber, Orcanox, Vanilla (basenotes.net






























I'm not usually one for celebrity perfumes because they typically seem to have the same generic sweet, candy scent, but I couldn't go past Beyonce's Heat Rush. Unlike most of the other fragrances mentioned, this one has an intense fruity tropical scent, which I love. It is still quite sweet, but is very warm and has noticeable blood orange within it. It is the perfect summer fragrance for younger women and those who love fruity fragrances. (Copper candle holder from Kmart)

Notes: (top) Passion Fruit Sorbet, Blood Orange
           (heart) Cherry, Yellow Tiger Orchid, Mango Blossom, Hibiscus
           (base) Teak Wood, Honey, Amber, Musk (basenotes.net)


Moving into the Victoria's Secret section, the last perfume is Victoria (EDP). The gorgeous bottle is what drew me in, I love the metallic pink bow, I think it looks so cute! In Australia, there aren't many Victoria's Secret stores around, I was at an airport when I saw this and made a quick impulse purchase with this perfume after falling in love with the bottle and the sweet, yet fresh berry scent. Unfortunately, after trying it out properly, I realised it doesn't really have much longevity, as the smell disappears shortly after spraying it. Because of this, I haven't really used it much, but I still think it's pretty to display. 

Unfortunately I was unable to find the notes for this one, sorry :(

Next up are the Victoria's Secret Fragrance Mists. I purchased the majority of these in Australian airports, but luckily now, they are much more accessible here, being sold in different pharmacies and stores. Since the bottles are plastic, if I want to take a fragrance around with me in my handbag, I will choose one of these as a safer option, as opposed to a breakable glass perfume bottle. As they are mists, they are lightly fragranced and typically don't have the longest staying powder, but are perfect for a quick freshen up or if you want something subtle.

First is Mango Temptation, which is a strong sweet, fruity scent, with very detectable mango. This is perfect for the Summer. It may come off as sickly sweet to some, so it might be better suited for younger girls. Perfect to throw in your school or uni bag.

Notes: Hibiscus, Chamomile, Alove Vera, Mango (Fragrantica)

My favourite of all is Sheer Love, it is a sweet, soft and very feminine scent. It's a light floral and this one in particular lasts quite a long time on me. It smells really clean and fresh. I love this for every day wear. It will never be overpowering either. It's a pretty scent, as you can probably tell from the notes below. I also have this in the body lotion because I love it so much.

Notes: Lily, Cotton Flower, Chamomile, Aloe Vera (Fragrantica)

My next favourite would have to be Strawberries & Champagne. It has a soft floral, yet fresh smell. There is definitely a champagne feel to this. I love this for both the day and night time because I think it is light enough for daytime, but also has a sophisticated side to it, for more elegant evening occasions. 

Notes: Strawberry, Champagne, Black Currant, Chamomile, Aloe Vera (Fragrantica)

Secret Garden appears to be the lightest of my collection, with its airy, crisp floral scent. Its not the type of obnoxious perfume at all, it simply just makes you smell clean and fresh. I love this during the day when I'm after something subtle.

Notes: Honeysuckle, Jasmine, Gala Apple, Stephanotis (Fragrantica)

Lastly is Forever Pink (discontinued). As you can see, this is my most used fragrance mist. This is because I bought this one first and it was a long time before I got her some friends. It's a light floral scent that is feminine and classy. I used to carry this around in my handbag whenever I felt like a quick freshen up. This one also smells very clean and fresh.

Notes couldn't be found

I'm sure I will be adding slowly to this collection, however I am happy with the variety of scents that I have. I hope you enjoyed this post (and my terrible ability at describing scents). I worked in a fragrance department for a few years and tried lots of different perfumes. I loved choosing from hundreds and deciding which one to wear that day. It was so interesting to see everyones different taste and what they preferred. 

What are some of your favourite fragrances? :)

♡  I would love it if you followed on Bloglovin' 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Recent Posts